SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chesapeake cruise - perhaps Delmarva loop
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010
美國佬

willyd is on a distinguished road
Chesapeake cruise - perhaps Delmarva loop

Hello -

I have a 1976 Pacific Seacraft 25 that I've been slowly fixing up and I need a sailing partner for the last week of June through the July 4th holiday. My boat is located in Severna Park, MD and I'm thinking of making a straight run from here to Cape Charles, then either go out to one of the inlets on the outside or just make my way back up the Bay, stopping at interesting places. If wind, weather, and time permit and we feel up to it, perhaps we could even do the Delmarva loop. My goals are to get some serious miles under the keel, improve my sailing skills, and have a good time.

My sailing experience includes casual laser/dinghy sailing in high school here on the Severn, then in 2005 I owned a Westerly 22 that I sailed mostly singlehanded on the Potomac, crewing on a delivery from St. Augustine to Charleston, crewing on two deliveries in Europe (including taking a Jeanneau 42 from France to Turkey), and finally sailing my PS25 on the Severn since last October. The boat is not the newest, the sails not so crisp, and there's only a porta-potty, so I'm not looking for someone that needs the usual cruising amenities. I usually sail engineless, though I could be talked into bringing an outboard along.

I'd prefer crew that have completed a sailing course or have equivalent experience, who can read a chart, steer relatively straight, and who I can get along with.

Please respond if this trip sounds appealing or if you know someone who might be interested.

- Will Dirks
443 370 2603 (c)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sureyya JAN 201063.jpg (69.4 KB, 69 views)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook