SailNet Community - View Single Post - You read a book and now know how to sail?!
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010

bradentonbeachboy is on a distinguished road
I have had a 33' Morgan OI, I bought it because I wanted my teens to be occupied on weekends, 2 and a half years ago, no knowledge at all. the first year was all terror.. when it was time to dock. In my marina I have to dock backwards. But, I go out every weekend and I have learned as I go, my crew loves it and now we are Scuba divers too! (gotta make em clean the bottom)
Two weeks ago, I was in the Bahamas and rented a catamaran, awesome, and went diving (not from the cat). Just baby step your way, have a life jacket and make sure you dont get a boat you can not afford to watch it sink to the bottom. I am not one of those sailors who constantly trims sails, I get my boat set in the wind and just go that direction until it is time to go in the opposite direction and I have a blast. And still evry time I dock, I consider it a monumental achievement.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook