SailNet Community - View Single Post - can it be done ?
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010

rainbowinme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to rainbowinme
Wow, That's a bit of the kick in the pant's, Thanks' for your honest option , ( And sorry about leaving the cap locks on ) If need be i will hire one skipper / one crew , Plus me as crew . The cost of shipping a boat of this size on a big ship starts at around $80,000 hiring crew could be halve that cost.

there are many Turks willing to put there hands up to do the trip, I do value your option and would love to get more option's on peoples thoughts on the safety of a gulet out in the open water for 6 months , if all the option's are negative I
take the advise and ship the boat , I always thought bigger was better it's like a small ship maybe I was wrong.

I would still love to bring the wife & son along , which would bring my crew up to 5 , How ever If you guys think its not safe, well they will stay home, It all comes down to how strong the boat is.
I can definitely see single handling is out of the Question no matter how well she is set up ( don't no what I was thinking there) having hire help all the the way home makes common sense , But to find crew that have done the trip is out of the Question there are no gulets in Australia, But finding Turks that have done ocean crossings , even to the U.S.A no problem.
Tanks for your fast reply it's great to get your thoughts...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook