SailNet Community - View Single Post - can it be done ?
View Single Post
post #3 of Old 06-11-2010 Thread Starter
rainbowinme

Send a message via Skype™ to rainbowinme
Wow, That's a bit of the kick in the pant's, Thanks' for your honest option , ( And sorry about leaving the cap locks on ) If need be i will hire one skipper / one crew , Plus me as crew . The cost of shipping a boat of this size on a big ship starts at around $80,000 hiring crew could be halve that cost.

there are many Turks willing to put there hands up to do the trip, I do value your option and would love to get more option's on peoples thoughts on the safety of a gulet out in the open water for 6 months , if all the option's are negative I
take the advise and ship the boat , I always thought bigger was better it's like a small ship maybe I was wrong.

I would still love to bring the wife & son along , which would bring my crew up to 5 , How ever If you guys think its not safe, well they will stay home, It all comes down to how strong the boat is.
I can definitely see single handling is out of the Question no matter how well she is set up ( don't no what I was thinking there) having hire help all the the way home makes common sense , But to find crew that have done the trip is out of the Question there are no gulets in Australia, But finding Turks that have done ocean crossings , even to the U.S.A no problem.
Tanks for your fast reply it's great to get your thoughts...
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome