SailNet Community - View Single Post - US East Coast Trip
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010

kostas20 is on a distinguished road
US East Coast Trip

Hello all,

I've recently fell in love with sailing. I bought a 15 ft. day sailor 3 summers ago for 300 with a trailer. Spent most of the first summer fixing it for it to become water ready. Had a crack in the bottom (i'm assuming from running aground) that had filled the (formally) sealed in foam area on the bottom of the boat. Long story short got rid of all the rot on the outside trim of the wooden deck and repaired the fiberglass hull.

With this done, I was finally ready to hit the water. Only thing was, I had never sailed before and never took any lessons. So I watched a couple of "basics of sailing" on you tube and went for it. Needless to say, I will never forget the moment the winds filled the sails for the first time and I started to glide through the water.

Obviously I was hooked and at the end of April I purchase a 25 foot Hughes and am in the process of trying to sell my day sailor. (hopefully for a large profit) Getting back to the point of my thread, is that I have been looking into sailing from the Bay of Quinte (Lake Ontario) down the east coast of the US. This would of course be done once I finish University. I've found a couple blogs of people doing this and I am wondering if anyone on here knows of any good ones they could point me towards.

Also, there isn't a lot of information that i've been able to find on the Hughes boat, as they stopped making them in the early 90's and they were made in Toronto Canada.

Kosta
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook