SailNet Community - View Single Post - Heat, sun, humugity, tolerance
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Heat, sun, humugity, tolerance

Here it's only June and the 3 HHHs are already upon us in SE PA! Last June we were on the Chessy for 10 days and I think at least 8 of those days were just terrible for me. Even on the hook the evenings were bad. On the way back, at Chesapeake City it was 110 under the Bimini top! The weather became nice AFTER getting home of course!

Well, I've not been going on my boat in the day time much lately, and it looks like I'll only be doing later afternoons and evenings until Sept. I just can't take the heat. I'm glad that my boat is close and I can be on it in 20mins from my house. That will have to suffice for now!

Do many of you get overcome by the heat as easily as me? (why would anyone would retire to fla will always be a mystery to me!) Getting heat sickness, Red faced, heartbeat racing, feeling dizzy, stumbling from the heat after being at the helm a couple of hours? not being able to cool off and having to go for a swim just to get your core temp back to normal. It's happened a couple of times now and I don't like it. GRRRS

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook