Tampa, St. Pete or Clearwater area folks...need your help!
So I've been a right coast boater for 3 years or so. We've lived in Fort Lauderdale in a neighborhood with canals about 45 minutes inland, deep water with 55' of bridge clearance. Its perfect for our B343.
Well, fate has it, just as we're getting comfortable work may be moving us to the left coast! Jobs will likely be in Oldsmar. I'd like to have the same setup we have here...but a newer house. Oh, and schools may matter soon...kiddos someday soon!
So here's what I'm looking for in a waterfront community
1) Deep water (more than 6 feet)
2) Close to an inlet or cut for Gulf sailing access
3) No issues with bridge height...or a minimum of 55 feet bridge height (prefer 65)
4) Good seawalls...steel with concrete caps.
5) Newer construction...our house is currently 50 years old, and yeah, I'm done remodeling!
6) Within 30 minutes daily commute to Oldsmar during rush hour
So what neighborhoods fit the bill here? Our budget is less than $600k for deep water access.
Anyone heard or live in Apollo Beach?