SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dock & Dine, Western L.I.Sound
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010

fixxxer0 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjablonowski View Post
The dinghy dock is still under construction, but a new place has opened in Playland Park, Rye, N.Y., called Pier Restaurant & Tiki Bar.

It's on the site of the old Captain Hook fast-food joint, but much enlarged. Run by proprietors of Seaside Johnny's in neighboring Oakland Beach, Rye.

The dinghy dock will be on the north side of the old steamboat pier, opposite the side that faces the swimming beach. Looks like Playland Park management has removed the six mooring balls it had put in (and never maintained) many years ago.

Edit: The dinghy dock is NOT under construction. Work underway is routine maintenance to the steamboat dock. A more-recent visit from the shore side shows no progress on the proposed dighy dock, and a fence still blocks access from the landing beach on the north side of the steamboat pier.

Write-up from local paper is here.
This is supposedly opening tomorrow, according to the gentleman i spoke with today.

I wasn't aware it was a dinghy dock... I was hoping to bring my boat in there but after looking at the charts im kinda worried about it.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook