SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailnet Members from around the world check-in please.
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2010

professorfoggy is on a distinguished road
Introduction from professorfoggy

Hi Sailing Friends,

My wife and I have been sailing for about twenty five years... we started renting sailfish and sunfish board sailors on a small Ohio lake. Our first boat was a Catalina 22, then a fiberglass Rhodes Bantam, Victoria 18 (one of our favorites!), wooden Rhodes Bantam (beautiful!), Pearson Electra, Bluenose 24, and now a 25' LOD Seafarer Rhodes Meridian, built in Holland in 1962.

We have sailed on Lake Huron, Lake Michigan, Lake Erie, and on the Atlantic Ocean. I have sailed out of Santa Barbara, CA on the Pacific.

Friends from Milwaukee used to invite us up to sail aboard Nor'Wester, their 40' Alden schooner, built in 1928. It was great fun.

We kept our Pearson Electra and Bluenose 24 on Lake Erie, in Mentor, Ohio.
Our current boat, WATERMARK, is being restored over the next two years.

Over the years, we prefer sailing older, IOD full keeled style boats, with traditional designs. They seem to find a "groove" in the water and track well, with minimum "hobby horsing" that we experienced while chartering some newer designed boats will wider hulls, and deep fin keels.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook