Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ballard, WA/McCall,ID
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 8
A couple of Questions for you
We went down to the All Sail show in Oakland and were able to crawl thru a few boats. I like the Island Packets a lot. Attended John and Amanda Neal (sp) offshore seminar.
Here are the questions:
1. We are looking at buying the boat about 2 years out. When do you start looking in earnest?
2. Really don't want one until I sell the house, but would you borrow the bucks for the right boat and pay it off once you sell the house?
3. Buyer Broker? Get one or not? One guy or Multiple?
4. If number 3 is yes, anyone with a recommendation in the Nortwest?
I thought the Neal's did a good job of making me a little more open minded on boats to consider and what to look for in a boat.
5. One of the boats they suggested was a 35 Wauquiez. Saildrive? No personal expereince with them, but I don't like the looks of them. Opinions or experience?
Thanks in advance.
DW from Boise, temporarily in Naknek, Ak.