SailNet Community - View Single Post - Transpac 2012
Thread: Transpac 2012
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010

Dulcitea is on a distinguished road
You understand why I have doubts!

My boat is substantially outfitted, but I have yet to do the 400nm qualifying. I am in Southern California so I can qualify down here; for example through the Pacific Singhanded Sailing Association. (See Profesional Security Support - www.pssla.com)

I have been following the 2010 Transpac. The logs make for some exciting and chilling reading.

Here is a posting from Second Verse:

"Yesterday was there was a lot of wind and big seas. In fact, for two hours there it was 34 kts sustaining with gusts to 38! The seas were above my second spreader! I have to admit for those two hours I wished I were somewhere else. Better now.

One of the blades of the wind generator ripped off! Gone! Well, there goes that power source, I will bring a spare set next time.

I have all this great food but I really have not eaten yet, just one apple and some jerky. Iíll try to force some food down today.

A tanker crossed my path last night when I was asleep. I called him up on VHF and asked if he ever saw me, nope! Oh well, no reason to worry about that now.

Once these seas calm down Iíll begin to tidy up, it is a mess in here! BTW, sleeping on the floor is not that bad, I got a full hour at one point last night, real good sleep, and I dreamed I was taking a hike with the kids.

Second Verse, signing off and searching for the sun and calm seas."

More logs and the boats' progress can be found at 2010 SHTP - Log Reports. Or just google Transpac 2010 Log Reports.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook