SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

26 O'day-yea or ney

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  simple72 
#1 ·
Hi,

A partner and I are considering buying and inexpensive boat for weekend cruising in LI's Great South Bay. The boat cannot draw more than 3 feet of water or be over 27 feet. That said, I need a reasonably roomy boat to house friends fleeing sweltering Manhattan. We have located two nice boats that meet our needs. An 84 O'day 26 with the keel centerboard setup and a 83 Catalina 27 with a bell keel.

Any thoughts on quality or performance of these boats?

#2 ·
might also want to look at a corsair f24. A good deal roomier than either of the above if the amas are out. Draws about a foot with the daggerboard and rudder up. ;)

#3 ·
The Corsair is a good choice except that Sailingdog has a $14,000 budget. The Oday is a better boat than the Catalina in terms of sailing ability and build quality. The Catalina is roomier.

Other choices might include the Beneteau First 252, Morgan 24/s3, Paceship 26, Tartan 27.

Jeff

#4 ·
I didn't see a specific budget posted, and some of the used trimarans, either the Corsair F24's, or the Farrier F24's are fairly reasonably priced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.