SailNet Community - View Single Post - Finally Moving Aboard!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations! Having moved aboard myself just last month, I know somewhat of how you feel.

Unfortunately, the C 30 wasn't built as a liveaboard type boat. Hence the lack of storage. The first thing I would suggest, is that as you find places for stuff, you make an inventory of where you put it. Since most things will be out of sight, not to mention, out of the way places, that will make it much easier to retrieve them.

One thing I did, I put all my clothes that weren't going to be used regularly, in the 2 gallon sized ziploc bags, so they could be easily stored in odd places. Right now, I have them filling the side rails in the vee berth. If you have a hanging locker, you might want to consider putting in shelves instead, as that will add much more usable space. Since I'm assuming that you are staying at a marina, and still working, you can use your car for some things. Particularly, as you work out how to use the space you have on the boat. And keep in mind, this isn't a house, but a boat, so things don't always have a certain place they should go. For instance, I use the seat under the vee berth filler for my towels, and in front of it, two tool cases. Plus, rather than have one big tool box, I have several small ones, so they can fit in different places. You just have to be creative, and not expect everything to necessarily be together, just because it's similar stuff.

Hope that helps a bit

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook