SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why are there so many Hunter haters?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010

k1vsk will become famous soon enough
A lot of these criticisms above could equally be applied to many Catalinas and almost all Beneteaus with which I have had experience, i.e., lack of handholds, loose deck plates, no sea berths, RV styling, etc.. Perceptions vary.

Having owned a Hunter Legend series in the past, I've also wondered why some seem to criticize them and considered the reasons to typically be that some people simply criticize as a means to sound more knowledgeable than they actually are.

More importantly, I've seen and been on Hunters which have circumnavigated and among fulltime cruisers, none have ever even thought to criticize a specific boat brand generically as some so frequently do here.

All boats, regardless of the nameplate on them, have system problems, structural issues, etc... which Hunter shares with their market competitors.
They all use similar fiberglass build schedules, tabbing methods, hull liners, etc... Criticizing one specific brand as a general statement is telling only of the author's mindset.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook