SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oil in Heat Exchanger
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010

Capnblu is on a distinguished road
I am sittin by the pool in hawaii, so i don't have a manual for your particular motor, and won't for another 2 weeks. I already know (80%) what is the matter with your motor, (all the clues are in your posts) and you could either waste your time pulling the head, or do the test. I would never buy the parts until I knew what the issue was, but thats just me. After I would have the results, I would ask you to preform additional tests. I don't want to type out everything in my brain that would cover every situation, your diagnosis should begin with the compression test. If by chance you have already got into it.... you will now be in the SEARCH AND DISCOVER phase of engine diagnosis. The only person who will help you then is goin to be the rebuilder, or engine dealer. Are you sure you want to learn this yourself? The curve is pretty steep and expensive on your own motor. My grand father always told me "if its fixed, don't fix it! I have a feeling you are gonna learn this... the hard way.... by the way, before you go ordering parts, look up the threads on foley engines here on sailnet.... just in case you are tempted by Dr. Diesel.

I Don't Know! I Don't Know!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook