SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oil in Heat Exchanger
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010

Capnblu is on a distinguished road
ok, please don't think i am being a smart ass, but, to determine what is wrong with your motor,... ya NEED TO DO A WET AND DRY COMPRESSION TEST! Because without those numbers, you cannot diagnose your engine... after that, and depending on the numbers you provide, i will be able to either tell you if indeed your head gasket is shot. I suspect, based on your posts you will determine that this is not the cause of the oil in your heat exchanger. I would not consider removing the head, untill I knew that this was the only issue. If your problem is elsewhere, and you pull the head,... you will be replacing alot more than a head gasket, on a motor with 1700 hrs! Not good in my book. If the problem isn't the head, but you pull it and reassemble the motor correctly, and nothing goes wrong.... you will still be where you are now, just poorer, and a little more frustrated. So first things first. the most information on the condition of your engine will be gained from the compression test, Then i am gonna ask you 50 questions! Maybe less. Then if the monster still hasn't stepped into the light the next thing is going to be an oil analysis.

I Don't Know! I Don't Know!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook