SailNet Community - View Single Post - Basic cost question
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I'd point out that an ODay 23 is probably too small to be very self-sufficient in terms of water or electricity...and as such will have you running to a marina to fill the water tank or charge the batteries fairly often. The more self-sufficient a boat is, the lower the costs can be. Having a watermaker means you can often avoid buying water in remote areas. Having solar panels or a windgen often means you don't have to run the engine to re-charge the batteries or go to a marina to use shorepower to charge them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanSailor4 View Post
So..not counting eating out,or staying at an expensive marina, on a 23' o'day how much a month would that be i just wanna buy my boat and sail not worrying about prices,taxes,ect.Just live my life a nice and easy way.
23' O'day
Cost: 4,150 USD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook