SailNet Community - View Single Post - Galley Sole Replacement
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Galley Sole Replacement

Well the mast went back in the boat yesterday as I played rigger, and the yard is nearing completion of all their to do items, so it is now my turn to start putting the interior back together.

Im not going to spend a ton of time doing this at this point but will work on it as time permits, this project has taken a year to long as it is, and Im past ready to go sailing.

But one of the item's on the must do list was to replace the galley sole...So I made a Part 1 video today of a couple hours work in the wood shop.

One of my hobbies is taking wood from standing timber state all the way to furniture...I usually have a stack or three of various species of drying and fully cured wood, sticker stacked in my shop...Im seen using some of that in the video for the galley sole.

I thought Id start things off with my yards theme song..

Relationships are everything to me..everything else in life are just tools to enhance them.

The purchase price of a boat is just the admittance fee to the dance...you still have to spend money on the girl...so court one with something going for her with pleasing and desirable character traits others desire as well... or you could find yourself in a disillusioned relationship contemplating an expensive divorce.

Last edited by Stillraining; 07-03-2010 at 03:40 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook