SailNet Community - View Single Post - Very Good Vendor Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Well, at least in the USA, you have recourse, especially if you used a credit card. A purchase is an unstated contract... you're buying X and paying Y... if you don't get X, you aren't required to pay Y....If you paid with a credit card, call your credit card company and explain the situation to them... you'll probably get a credit for it in short order. Also, write your state's Attorney General's office and tell them about this, since this is mail fraud effectively... they promised you a BBQ mount for your BBQ...and didn't send you one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by casioqv View Post
Since there's no "very bad vendor thread" I just wanted to warn people about marinenutz.com

I purchased a mount for my boat BBQ from them, because the product was discontinued but they were the only people on the Internet still listing them in stock. Turns out they were mistaken, and sent me a mount for a totally different BBQ, one that won't work and normally costs half as much money!

They have basically stolen my money, because I still haven't been able to get a refund after 7 months. They usually take about a month to respond to e-mails, and never answer phone calls. They did send a shipping label to return the incorrect product, but it arrived 2 months ago (it took 5 months of pestering from me to get a return shipping label)- and they still haven't refunded me any money.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook