SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailing around the world

935 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  monamonaatsea 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm Mike and I am currently planning on making my dream a life experience and will be heading on it in Oct 2011. The adventure of seeing the world from the perspective very few do today is very exciting to me, I have been sailing leisurely since I was 14, and now at 38, I'm ready to leave behing the 9-5 grind for an extended adventure/vacation/experience of a lifetime. I am wondering about the process of porting in at other countries for resupply and tourism while I'm there. Any info that can be shared in this area would be great. I'm leaving from the Outer Banks of NC and will be heading west ans hitting everything I can and doing everything I can think of. Looking forward to hearing from anyone and welcoming suggestions of places to visit. Thank You.

#3 ·
Vagabond--

Check out Jimmy Cornell's old website, noonsite.com. It has a lot of information on the various regulations and such for countries around the world with regards to sailboats and cruising. Also check his book, World Cruising Routes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.