SailNet Community - View Single Post - yanmar yse 8hp fuel pump?
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010

bunjo is on a distinguished road
Smile yanmar yse 8hp fuel pump?

First, hi everyone,I'm in desperate need of some how to hints,4 month ago I bought a 26 foot sail boat with a yanmar yse 8hp which had been sitting for a few years, after checking all the fluid levels and refreshing the batteries I turned the engine over and it wouldn't start I kinda expected that so I called a local mechanic which in turn explain to me how to bleed the fuel system to which every attempt was unsuccessful after that it took me 2 months to get a mechanic to come and take a look at the motor and after ten minutes of trying starting the engine told me that the pump was shut,got it rebuilt another three wks pass gave him a call another wk pass before he showed up and he couldn't get it working, told me to take the pump back to the fellow that rebuilt it and after rechecking the pump he told me that it was working fine,the mech not taking my calls anymore, the cam inside the motor is working there is lift on the plunger but can't get no darn fuel pass the pump,governor may be ,we tried that also as the engine was turning opening it up so slightly and no fuel ever come out of the pump,frustrated to no end!any help will be appreciated Bunjo.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook