SailNet Community - View Single Post - So, how do I prepare for a 5 year cruise with kids?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Your responses show a thoughtful, measured approach, that bode well for your plans. The one statement though that you want to wait a year and get more experience before crewing, isn't necessary. Take every opportunity you can. You'll get more experience in a day or two of crewing, be it racing or crusing, than you'll get on your own. Don't be afraid of making mistakes, or looking dumb, just be honest with the skipper, and I don't doubt it will be rewarding for both parties. As with any endeavour, the key is learning the "tricks", that make things easier.

You can wait on weather, on making the boat shipshape, don't though, wait on gaining experience, in anything related to what you want to do. I'm sure the experiences you gain, will do naught but fan the flames of your desire.

Regards

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook