SailNet Community - View Single Post - Why are there so many Hunter haters?
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010

scottbr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
HUGE cockpits but with little to NO line controls convenient for the helmsman to single hand without leaving the cockpit/helm - therefore requiring TWO to sail one. Few ergonometric and easily reached hand holds in the interior - OK for quiet 'inshore' sailing but a potential body injury disaster when 'outside'.

Theyre good for what they are designed for .... dockside entertaining, sailing in moderate fair-weather coastal or inshore conditions. There is BIG market for such and Hunter really fills such a need/niche .... as the demographics of sailing are quickly moving to 'sailors of retirement age'.
Really ???? One of my complaints on my '05 Hunter 33 is the SMALL cockpit that if I have any more than 2 guests on board it's too crowded to really sail.

I also tend to sail "single-handed" with jib sheets & traveller lines from the arch right at hand and out of the way.

Of all the boats in all the marinas, all across North America, there are a very small percentage that actually go "off shore" and cross the oceans. Even in my area of thousands of boats, I seldom see many boats out in the main Bay.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook