First, when it comes to boating, caution is a good thing. Way back when I took my Power Squadron course, the guest lecturer from the Coast Guard summed it up nicely: "If in doubt, don't go out". If you have doubts, you won't go wrong by waiting.
While I know of several people who have had enjoyable crossings in a 22 foot boat, 25 knot winds may be pushing the envelope. What is your personal comfort level?
Also, are you planning to make the trip by yourself; or will you have crew? More important, what is your experience level and the experience level of your crew. In the conditions that you mention, a combination of limited experience and a crew of novices may make you a very unpopular skipper; and that could be the least of your worries.
My advice would be to wait until:
- you can get a good weather window. 10 to 15 knots?
- experienced crew to come with you.
If there are Tanzer owners out there with some thoughts on this subject, I'd love to hear from them.