SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat recommendations? (C&C 110, Tartan 37, Sabre 36-2)
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
There is a Cal 29 that does well in our fleet, as do most Cals.

I thought of another local, may not be what you want. A Bavaria Match 35, 105 fs, 123 nfs. Do not have the sail codes. 120-130K IIRC.

As far as the J109 being the holy grail of mid 30' boats........not sure I would go that far. I would also say look at the Bene First 36.7. IIRC there is also a C&C 115 local for sale, about the same $$$ as a 110, but faster. As mentioned tho, the C&C's have a hard time sailing to ratings, the J's an easier time. If WELL sailed, the C&C's will do fine.

The Farr's as far as quality, depends upon the manufacture. The 1020's IIRC are for the most part ok, some Farr's from the east coast of US, one company has some deck core issues. and there are some out of Australia that were cheap take offs, with no input from Farr etc. These also have some issues. JeffH probably has the most info of anyone on this forum regarding Farr design/sold boats for quality etc. The Bene firsts ar Farr designs in the size you are looking at for a number of years.

Marty