SailNet Community - View Single Post - Global Big Freakin' Regatta. Possible?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Well Akoni (Kriz) is still leading the SailC class Short Course with a 1:03:24 on the Patuxent course in MD. My best has been 1:14:52. But I have been trying valiantly to take him...to no avail. I just keep getting slower.

I blew off work yesterday and went out with a buddy to run the course. The winds were great 15-20 with gusts to 25. But, alas, they were right on our nose coming back to the finish.

HERE'S THE RUN

Came in at about 1:32. Oh well, I'll wait for an easterly or westerly wind and try again.

Got a good size rip in the genny on a particularly strong gust - and the motor died in the middle of the fairway coming back in. But it sure as hell was fun! And I'm learning a lot about sail trim and steering. Very cool.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook