SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010
Self Grandizing Egotist

SeanRW is on a distinguished road
Wow....

Ok, I've been away from the forums for a while and just recently stumbled on this thread and am absolutely stunned at what's available in terms of these smaller yards.

Being in Canada, my knowledge of the European boats is fairly limited to the big names and to be honest, I hadn't even considered any of the "Racer/Cruisers" until I got a look at the POGO 12.50. WOW !! My jaw dropped !!

I curse you...I mean I was all happy day dreaming about a new HR 37 or 43 but now I've got POGO, Opium & JPK on my mind...Trying to figure out a way to sell the idea of a go-fast boat with a minimalist interior as being better for our sailing plans. Maybe I can highlight the lower maintenance costs & time due to less varnished wood. Quicker trips between destinations with cold beer. Less cooking cause we can't carry as much fresh produce.

Seriously though, this has opened up a whole new avenue of thought for me. Thanks for the introduction.

SRW