SailNet Community - View Single Post - Gin-Pole Mast raising system
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 07-15-2010 Thread Starter
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
thanks for the clarification John

Originally Posted by JohnRPollard View Post
Most gin-poles I've seen are dock-mounted, manual (hand winch) cranes used for stepping and unstepping masts from boats that pull up alongside.

Are you asking about a system to raise and lower your deck-stepped mast, by pivoting at the tabernacle? If so, most folks just use a spinnaker or whisker pole, or the boom, as the offset.
I was guessing that it was called a gin-pole. Maybe I can just get a spinnaker pole. I would be hesitant to use me boom because I keep my sail folded up in it.

I was hoping that someone might know of a good outlet website that may have a lot of spare parts.
mattu is offline  
Quote Share with Facebook
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome