SailNet Community - View Single Post - Lippincott 30 - Info wanted - PLEASE
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010

4arch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKemey57 View Post
Any idea how the mast head running light wiring gets from breaker panel to mast step? Some of my running lights work, some do not, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to trace the wiring pre mast. Thanks.
I haven't traced wiring going specifically to the mast step yet but I'll tell you what I know about the routing of 12V wiring. On my boat, a large number of wires come out of the breaker panel and head toward the starboard side behind fiberglass panels accessible from the port cockpit locker. From there they dive down into the engine compartment and run aft behind the firewall, traversing it above the battery tray. From there they go down into the compartments under the quarterberth and continue forward in a conduit on the inboard side of the starboard settee. I haven't traced them beyond there but I suspect if they go to the mast on that side they'd go up into the head storage locker and then between the wood bulkhead and the shower liner up to the mast step. There are also a limited number of wires traveling under the lip of the galley locker shelf and forward along the inboard side of the port settee. Don't know what was added aftermarket on mine but I hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook