SailNet Community - View Single Post - Reality Check- Who has had their boat burglarized?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010
Relapsing

ArcherBowman is on a distinguished road
You're right to grind your teeth. There is no WAY that was not an inside job. Somebody at the marina, or somebody's brother or cousin, needed a few extra bottles of Mad Dog 20/20 for a party. The marina just didn't want to deal with it.

Which marina? Name names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeybkcmo View Post
Add me to the list, boat broken into while in the slip at the marina. They hit boats on all 4 docks, each dock has its own locked gate, with different access codes. Marina could not understand how someone could have learned all 4 combinations (6 if you count the dry storage lots). I lost fish finder (used for depth) winch handles, tools, small easy to carry items. Some lost outboards (guess mine was to old for them). Before anyone says they could have came in off the water, this was mid Feb in Mo, cove was frozen, except around the docks. Thing that angered me the most was the Marina's attitude, saying that the slip holders must have given out the combinations. Keep in mind, each dock has its own combination, as well as each storage lot, you only get the number to the lot/slip you use. Oh yeah, they also had to have the combination for the main gate, so make that 7 in all. That was 4 years ago, and it still grinds my teeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"It ain't all buttons and charts, little albatross. You know what the first rule of sailing is? Love. You take a boat in to sea that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of worlds. Love keeps her afloat when she oughtta founder... tells ya she's hurtin' 'fore she keens… makes her a home." Captain Malcom Reynolds, Paraphrased
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook