SailNet Community - View Single Post - Hans Christian 38
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
oh well. An HC is about as close to timber as you can get in 'frozen snot'* eh ?

Frozen snot with a teak deck to boot. Cameron, I'm beginning to think your entire family is a bit odd, not just you.

Weren't we discussing HCs just the other day ? What did I say ? Hmmm ? Oh what the heck, does no one ever listen to a word I say ?

Still and all....congrats to them. I've always thought that the HCs drifted too far towards the mock classic but no one can deny that they are a handsome thing. Essentially a Bob Perry design I believe, for which he was not credited nor paid if I have my facts right. The hull certainly owes a lot to BPs wonderful Baba series which in turn was to some extent inspired by K Aage Nielsen.

Boats for Sale - Yachts for Sale - Used & New Boats @ Yacht Hub Australia & New Zealand

I'm thinking the Hartley Seniors are going to enjoy the hell out of her and I guess on those family cruises, so will you and D.

Needless to say, if they happen to need an extra crewrat for part or all of the trip north you know where to find him.

*"It looks like frozen snot".
-L. Francis Herreshoff, looking at a Herreshoff Bullseye built of fiberglass.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook