SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough

Paulo I didn't intend 'strange looking thing' to be an insult. I actually like 'strange looking things but you get my point...that great big "does my arse look big in this" stern but only one wheel.

I still cannot place it. The idea of the big fold down dinghy dock reminds me of Hanse but its not one of theirs.

Speaking of which I have to admit a liking for Hanse. There is an older model 50 odd footer on our marina and I am quite taken with the thing. The H430 is pretty impressive. Only thing I don't really like about Hanse is the lack of a stand alone chart table. I'd rather have that and a full length settee to port than two large heads. Call me old fashioned, if you will...

Hanse Yachts

and the 630 is simply awesome.

Hanse Yachts

ps - don't talk to me about chines.....been there, done that, whats more still wearing the t-shirt.....(vds34, multi chine steel.....hate to think how slow she'd be if the chines make her faster..)

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.

Last edited by tdw; 07-26-2010 at 08:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook