SailNet Community - View Single Post - Eemax "marine/rv" Tankless Water Heater - EX2412M and insuarnce?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010

ReeseBauer is on a distinguished road
marine Tank less propane Water Heaters

The PrecisionTemp Shower-Mate Marine Water Heater is marine rated propane water heater and according to my insurance company is not an issue. I am installing one on my 33' hunter replacing the useless 5 gal electric water heater. My insurance company is Allstate. According to the information i have their are only a couple that are marine rated and this is the only general propane one i can find the other is electric and only works when at dock or with a generator and is not really worth the effort. Others are made for RV's and look good but are not marine rated and that is probably the issue with most insurance companies. They need to be vented to the cabin top directly over the installation which may be the problem with CO2 and Fires that have been experienced by some boaters. Insulation with the ability to vent directly over the insulation is probably an issue for most people. In my case it will probably be installed on the v-berth bulkhead so i can directly vent it or in a rear storage area where it can be vented directly to the overhead on the stern.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook