SailNet Community - View Single Post - 56 mph on the hudson
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010

BarryL is on a distinguished road
Go / No Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidpm View Post
I thought of dropping the anchor but not for long.
Firstly I has asked the owner about the anchor and he said he had one but had never used it. I had also asked him about the sails and he said they were fine. I found out during use that the Genny was not cut right and would not hoist all the way to say nothing of the fact that the roller furler was jamming.. The main had no reefing at least none he had ever tested. The head was supposed to be good too, I specifically asked about it before the trip. After a couple of days I take a look see my self and notice it does not flush and looks nasty. I ask about it and he said it was working before. I ask when he had last pumped the holding tank. He said never as they had the boat for 3 years and never used the head but his son was up last weekend.
About a year ago wasn't there was a thread on what to check on a 'new to you' boat before leaving the dock for a delivery? I'm pretty casual about things, but I don't think I would have left the dock on this boat.

Barry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook