SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing downwind is much harder than sailing upwind.
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydanynom View Post
That's a great suggestion for using the gps to project a point so I can see VMG.

As for sufficiently easing sails downwind, one thing that has me probably tending to err on the side of overtrimmed is the way the main starts getting mashed up against the raked-back spreaders when it is out more than halfway. I've been worried about chafe.
Better yet, set up a Global Regatta course for your area (unless there already is one). Racing on our short course in Lake Travis has really helped me learn quite a bit in a short time.

Global Big Freakin' Regatta. Possible?

Lots of fun. But I need to sail faster if I'm going to catch those Chessie dudes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook