SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help! Leaking Injector Pump
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Cameron,
Check your email. Workshop manual is on the way.
Cheers
Andrew
Thanks, Andrew - I'm most grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
ps -other than that...don't ask me I a mechanically inept, last time I changed the spark plugs on a car I had to have the thing towed..something to do with putting the leads back on in the wrong order and stuffing up the timing.

pps- surely you can hand crank a 2040 ?
Ahh..Nope. And there are dire warnings all through the docs about trying to start the engine without firing up the glow-plugs first.

I'm a little mechanically-challenged myself too, I'm afraid. It seems from the manual you sent it should be as simple as taking the cover off and renewing the gasket BUT there are shims under there that are apparently pretty critical and with words like 'correct torque' they make it sound about as easy as doing the cylinder block!!

I've got a call out for a mechanic.. Crap.. Warranty expired last month so that's more $$$ out the window... Oh, the joys of owning a boat.