SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help! Leaking Injector Pump
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartley18 View Post
Thanks, Andrew - I'm most grateful.

Ahh..Nope. And there are dire warnings all through the docs about trying to start the engine without firing up the glow-plugs first.

I'm a little mechanically-challenged myself too, I'm afraid. It seems from the manual you sent it should be as simple as taking the cover off and renewing the gasket BUT there are shims under there that are apparently pretty critical and with words like 'correct torque' they make it sound about as easy as doing the cylinder block!!

I've got a call out for a mechanic.. Crap.. Warranty expired last month so that's more $$$ out the window... Oh, the joys of owning a boat.
wow....I just checked 40HP....hooley dooley.....what does your old girl displace ? Raven has a 24hp bukh which is good for around 6 knots and she is nearly 7t. We could water ski behind her with 40hp. I figured yours would be smaller and knowing we can handcrank ours I just deduced...incorrectly as it turns out.

I'm guessing btw that those bolts/nuts should have been checked at some time in the past and have just worked themselves a bit loose. If the engine is only just out of warranty I find it hard to believe that the gasket is shot.

I wonder why such a new engine would have been repainted ??

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook