SailNet Community - View Single Post - Help! Leaking Injector Pump
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
wow....I just checked 40HP....hooley dooley.....what does your old girl displace ? Raven has a 24hp bukh which is good for around 6 knots and she is nearly 7t. We could water ski behind her with 40hp. I figured yours would be smaller and knowing we can handcrank ours I just deduced...incorrectly as it turns out.
Oh, she gits along alright!

I'm not exactly sure what the displacement is (6.14 tonnes Thames Measurement if that helps - but it probably doesn't) although it must be up around the 6 ton mark - or even more. She started life with a Henry-Meadows 15Hp clunker and I do know now why the PO chose a 40HP donk: Going in and out of the pen and anywhere else it's kinda tight, it's nice to be able to throttle up and git going before the wind pushes the bow around.. and she'll do hull speed at 2500rpm, with more on tap if you're running late for the start!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
I'm guessing btw that those bolts/nuts should have been checked at some time in the past and have just worked themselves a bit loose. If the engine is only just out of warranty I find it hard to believe that the gasket is shot.

I wonder why such a new engine would have been repainted ??
It was a re-co the PO purchased in Sydney and had frieghted down and installed. They just sprayed the entire thing Volvo Green and then proceeded to scrape it all off whilst installing it.

You're both probably right - it may just be a loose bolt - but the books say use a Torque Wrench set to 9.9Nm and that's beyond my tool-box capaciuty I'm afraid.

Did I check if it was just a bolt loose? Nope! Dummy!! (insert smack head smiley)