SailNet Community - View Single Post - Which Tanzer 22?
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Look beyond kijiji.

Of the boats listed, the 73 APPEARS to be the best bet. You NEED a cradle, and a cradle will cost you $1000 to buy new, so having that included in the purchase price is a bonus. If the sails are serviceable, then a new suite of sails is an expense that can be put off until next year.

Toronto (GTA) used cars for sale. Buy a car Toronto (GTA). Private | FSBO | Dealer Auto Classifieds.

Having said that, I'd get some more info on the 79. Find out what it needs to get in the water, the age of the sails and if it comes with a motor. If it is simply a hard weekend of elbow grease, a little bottom paint sandpaper and some epoxy, it might be underpriced.

BTW, "Catchup", listed in the search above, has been on the hard and for sale for at least 3 years in the same yard we store our boats in. Word around the yard is that the price has softened considerably. I'd be happy to take a look at her for you.

It is now almost August first, ie halfway through the sailing season. From a seller's standpoint, i would start becoming concerned that my boat has not sold yet, and I may have to cover the expense of storing and winterizing it again this fall. NOW is a really really good time to get a deal on a boat.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook