SailNet Community - View Single Post - Seattle WA- Victoria CA
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010

monkeymom is on a distinguished road
you have to go to a designated call in center - I am not sure where the best place for you to go would be, I imagine there is a designated area in Victoria & i know there is one in Sidney.
see cut & paste info below from govt of canada website Coming to Canada by Small Aircraft or Recreational Boat

Recreational boats
The master of a recreational boat is the person in charge. As master of the recreational boat, he or she is required to go to a designated telephone reporting marine site and call the telephone reporting centre at 1-888-226-7277. No one except the master may leave the boat until authorization is given by the CBSA.

Note
To find designated telephone reporting marine sites in your area, call 1-888-226-7277.

The master is required to follow these steps:

•give the full name, date of birth and citizenship for every person on the boat;
•give the destination, purpose of trip and length of stay in Canada for each passenger who is a nonresident of Canada;
•give the length of absence for each passenger who is a returning resident of Canada;
•give the passport and visa information of passengers, if applicable;
•make sure all passengers have photo identification and proof of citizenship documents;
•declare all goods being imported, including firearms and weapons;
•report all currency and monetary instruments of a value equal to or greater than CAN$10,000;
•for returning resident of Canada, declare all repairs or modifications made to goods, including the boat, while outside Canada; and
•give true and complete information.
As proof of presentation, the border services officer will give the master a report number for their records. The master must give this number to a border services officer upon request.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook