SailNet Community - View Single Post - Cheoy Lee Luder's 36
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010

jandrade is on a distinguished road
Hey Guys.. nice to see some new Cheoy Lee owners here.

My vessel is the s/v Annelise - a 1972 Luder's 36 that I base in Narragansett Bay, RI. She has sailed from China to the South Seas to Mexico and San Fransico... trucked here a a few years ago looking Bristol and then was neglected. She has a brand new Yanmar3GM 40hp and new sails & rigging, refridgeration, diesel forced hot air, holding tank, hot and cold running water, shower, incredible workm drive Alpha autopilot, windlass and more. Love this boat... she's fast and solid as a rock on any heading. That being said, given that she was a no-holds barred beauty when she was built.. she HAD the good old Cheoy Lee Leaky Teaky Decks.... it's the kind of thing that makes you wonder how the Chinese ever surpassed us in the manufacturing world... 2 1/2" plank core in the deck with 50 zillion screws holding down the teak. ... needless to say, the dilapidated deck destroyed the value of the boat.. good for me in acquiring it, but a labor of love in owning here... I plan to do the Azores on this boat, so I am going through it thoroughly. I have pulled the teak decks off, repaierd the delamination we found on the Stbd sidewalk, laid a new layer of Divinicyl core and am 70% through laying an 1/8' "skin" to seal it in and paint with AwlGrip primer and non-skid. What a freakin experience.

I am blessed to have the boat indoors in a shop for the last 7 months.

I have photos of the job in progress here: Joseph Andrade's Photos - Boat Repair | Facebook

and you can see a little movie of a trip I took with my daughter here:

http://beta.marinemotion.com/station..._with_Joe/Blog

The website we're building uses HTML 5 so you need a newer broweser to view it ... it's also here: Joe Andrade

Well. I am happy to share images, info, etc with ya'll and look forward to hearing from you.. we need to plan a raft up next season for all us New England folks, and that should get the group more involved in communicating.

Looking forward to connecting with you .
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook