SailNet Community - View Single Post - Croatia Charter Companies
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010

chris31519 is on a distinguished road
Still sorting the photos!

The restaurants were very expensive, higher prices than I remember in past years. Fresh fish is the most expensive about 400 - 600 Kn - that's over $100 per kg. It is awesomely delicious but even a modest portion of 300g makes for an expensive meal, though it includes the use of their mooring buoys for the night. Meat is much cheaper - but still we cooked on board all but one night.

I've heard complaints about charges for anchoring in Croatia but it's not a big deal -- in the national parks it was 250 Kn - EUR 35 for a 15 meter boat with six people. If that means it stays untouched by humans I don't mind paying it. I used to live in Spain and know what over-development can do to a coastline.

They are also putting out more mooring buoys which are friendlier to the sea bed. Only once (in Korcula) did we get charged for anchoring outside one of the national parks.

Both times when we came into marinas it was late evening and we had no trouble getting a spot, which has not been my experience in the past.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook