View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010
new and proud of it

w1651 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to w1651
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1vsk View Post
Sure. Someone posted the following:
"We also have fisherman and charter boat captains having their boats repossessed all over this area. There just isn't any Tourism going on here anymore and the trickle down is affecting everyone."

and I thought the word "everyone" might not be totally objective given that it appears some might be profiting from this disaster.
Great article expressing the compensation of the La, Al, Ms, and Pensacola regions. However "everyone" meant the Tampa Bay Area here where I live unlike the region spoken of in the article. Perhaps I could have expressed that better in my post or you could invest in a map.
I own a business here in Pinellas county Florida and just like Knot I am feeling the squeeze as well. Not unlike other people here are either.
Maybe BP is compensating the peoples of the upper gulf regions which is admirable since I know they could buy their way out of it.
But here I can assure you I have not seen, met, or talked with anyone in business or on the water getting a dime from them. And it sickens me to see our eateries, charter boats, and way of life going to the wayside.
All due to a company that refused to stop and look at the safety risks involved and just slow down a little.
I don't have a problem that they drilled but how they went about it. We will bounce back but unfortunately some in this area already will lose and have lost everything.

Knot mail me here. I would like to see what you do.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook