SailNet Community - View Single Post - King's Cruiser 33
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010

Barbapoil is on a distinguished road
Hi Guy,

I contacted someone through the website you recommended. The owner confirmed that he also had leaks on the chainplates. Not a big deal unless the infiltration damaged the wood in the deck. I will see for myself when I can do a proper visit and wait for what the surveyer has to say about it.

As for the mast, the norwegian who sailed to and back from the Caribeans had a keel stepped mast, he did told me pre-1975 models were like that and they later changed it to the pile version wich you seem to have. Apparently, the first version was problematic: where the mast went through the deck, there was a stainless steel part surrounding the mast and creating galvanic corrosion, in his case the mast broke at deck level. Selden solved the problem on later models. What kind of problems do you have with your mast ? And since it is not on the keel, does that mean its been put a bit forward compared to the previous model ?

Is your mast black, or was it black ? The italian owner I contacted sent me pictures where I can clearly see that all the black has gone appart for some remaining where the mainsail cover goes over the mast. Its pretty much the same on the boat I am looking to buy. Just asking in case it was some sort of protection that should be redone.

I will send you a private message with my email adress.

Thanks for the infos.

Regards

Ben
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook