SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Amount of crabs for 20?

9K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  SailorMitch 
#1 ·
Let me thank you in advance for any info I receive. If you were setting up a crab feast say, for about 20 people how many bushels would you need? Thanks again.

#3 ·
There are supposed to be seven dozen crabs in a bushel. That's 84 crabs. Most places don't use the traditional bushel basket; they put them in paper grocery bags.

The number of bushels depends quite a bit on how many of the 20 are crab eaters. One bushel would provide four crabs per person. If you thought they'd eat eight, then I'd get two bushels. You can always pick the uneaten crabs for the meat, which can be refrigerated and eaten later (but not too much later).

#6 ·
Also have hotdogs, burgers and corn on the cob in case the crabs run out, and for those who don't eat crabs (always my favorite people at a crab feast.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.