SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Casting Call for Fall/Frostbites- West River, Maryland

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnRPollard 
#1 ·
Crew wanted for Sunday afternoon races on the West River/Chesapeake Bay from early October to 21 November.

Environment: Low-intensity, enjoyable, round-the-cans racing.
Boat: 25' Coronado.
Crew: Looking for foredeck/mast, jib/spin trimmer, and rail in addition to myself. (4 total)
I'm a newb skipper, so at least lightly seasoned crew is preferred. It would be difficult for me to teach non-sailors while I'm learning to skipper.

SPINNAKER DIVISION IS AVAILABLE. If I get experienced crew, we'll register as spin-class and have fun flying the asymm, if I don't, then we'll white-sail it.

Putting this ad out early, because I'm new and want plenty of time to get my s--t together. A couple of crew meetings, examine the boat layout for potential improvements, practices, etc.

Interested parties, PM me here.

#2 ·
This sounds like a great opportunity, folks. I can vouch that the races on the West River (run by WRSC) are well organized and it's a great venue. There are some pretty competitive boats there, too (i.e. quite a few modern race hulls).

#3 ·
I can't do the whole season but you can count me in for some of the races. I can do pretty much any position that you need onboard, including coaching if you wish.

Jeff

#4 ·
LOL..my PHRF rating is so high, that those sport boats will owe me an entire day.:rolleyes:

The latest Ches. Bay PHRF sheet shows Co25's rating at around 240-250. John, I am of course looking for experienced help so that I can tap into your brains.

I think the title of my ad is a little misleading: I'm only looking to participate in the "Frostbite" series. I said "fall" because it's really only Oct 3rd - Nov. 21, which is fall, and not yet deathly cold.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

#5 ·
....I think the title of my ad is a little misleading: I'm only looking to participate in the "Frostbite" series. I said "fall" because it's really only Oct 3rd - Nov. 21, which is fall, and not yet deathly cold.

Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.
Yeah, further north that would be considered "frostbiting". But that timetable has you out sailing during what is in my opinion the finest season on Chesapeake Bay. Nice breezes, relatively warm water (still swimmable in October), beautiful foliage along the nearby shoreline.

Those Sunday races will be the highlight of the week for you and your crew.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.