SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sydney Boat Show 2010
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chall03 View Post
Hey Josie went absolutely bananas over the Oceanis 58.........largely based on the fact that she liked the light switches

I wasn't really impressed with the Jarkan until I got talking with the guy.....also I guess as bad as it sounds I feel sorry for the Aussie boat building industry. IMHO It should really be doing a heck of a lot better than it is. i remember even 5 years ago going to the boat show and finding a bunch of Northshores etc, that are now well and truly off the dial.
Ok....she's got me there...I'm off to check out B Oc58 light switches. The Wombet did fall for a light fitting that we saw on the Elan 384 (I think). I know I took home a card or brochure from the people who sell them in Oz. If I find it I'll post.

I'm with you re the Oz build market but what the heck can you do ? As noted in initial post I was seriously impressed by the Bluewater 420 even though its a pretty old design. Then again so am I so maybe we are suited. There wasn't anybody on the Jarkan went we went on board so we didn't get a chance to talk.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook