SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chesapeake Bucket List
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010
Aeolus II

mccary is on a distinguished road
A bucket list is a grand idea ... from places I have been that I would recommend others see, Tangier Island, the kids and the food are unforgettable; sail under The Bay Bridge (seems like a small point but a must do); Dunn Cove (the backside of Knapp's Narrows) a wonderful place for a nice night; Still Pond, the beach is so close to the channel; sail past the Frances Scott Key Buoy , just west of the Key Bridge on the north side of the channel (looks like a flag nun) on your way into Baltimore and a night in Little Italy; The Governor's Cup, a race of hundreds of boats from Annapolis to St Mary's City (70 miles at night) and THE biggest party on The Bay.

Some things I have had the rare pleasure of doing myself: I sailed on a working Skipjack while they were dredging for oysters; I sailed on 2 square rigged ships on The Bay (Christian Radich & Eagle); I have sailed the length of the Bay (Georgetown to Yorktown, more than one trip).

Things left for me to see/do... Around DelMarVa; catch a BIG Rock; some small things... explore some small creeks/rivers I want to see, Little Choptank; visit Rock Hall; Sail to Chesterton.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook