SailNet Community - View Single Post - Chesapeake Bucket List
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
The Little Choptank is really great, especially if you have less than 4'6" draft so you can duck into some of the shallower creeks. There is this neat creek with great old boatyard, country store and church on the south shore. If you have a shoal draft boat you can spend a week in the Little Choptank alone.

I am a big fan of Grays Inn Creek off of the Chester River. There have been major holidays where I have been the only boat visible in the creek.

I have spent many a comfortable night in Tripp Creek of the Tred Avon above Oxford.

Another really neat anchorage is Corrotoman River off of the Rappahannock (excuse the spelling) just above the Eastern Branch.

Joe: I have always seen Dunn Cove mentioned a great anchorage, but I have generally found the Creeks on Broad Creek off the Choptank to be nicer places to duck in and explore.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook