SailNet Community - View Single Post - 16' Floor and Deck Replacement. Advice Please!
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010
Sunsets and Warm Beer....

LandLocked66c is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIeagle View Post
LandLocked, I really appreciate that thread you posted. I will really be needing some epoxy then won't I? How many coats did you do on that plywood? Also did you put glass cloth or anything on the other side? Also, I would like to try for a darker wood so is there any stains you would suggest using? Thanks
Not sure how your sole is built, but in my case my sole was cored with plywood. It was not marine grade so I did not replace it with marine grade. A gamble, perhaps, but i'm not planning on my boat ever being full of water and not tended to properly. Not only that, but my boat will never be a high dollar boat so I wasn't interested in investing more than what was needed to make it right.

When installing the sole all of the plywood was wetted with epoxy first, then we mixed thickened epoxy to the consistency of catsup and did the final install of the old glass sole. Then I chamfered my cuts and glassed them.

Post some more pics of what you have ahead of you, is your sole cored?

You can't steer a boat that isn't moving? Just like a life - P. Lutus
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook