SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Owner of a '73 Pearson 30
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010

Adrianjohnm is on a distinguished road
Red face New Owner of a '73 Pearson 30

Hi everyone. Name is Adrian and I am in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I am the proud new owner of a 1973 Pearson 30 (Hull 434, I believe. Need to double check) with the original Atomic 4! I sail out of Ashbridges Bay Yacht Club in Toronto.

Of course, like any new owner, I have questions. Many questions!!

Mine is not rigged properly. Owner we bought it from took off all the sail rigging to rebuild the deck core. After replacing core and deck fiberglass he never replaced the sail rigging.

For example: I have no Outhaul, no Cunningham, no boom vang, topping lift control sucks as it is not adjustable. No electrical wires leading from the cockpit to the mast either!

I must admit...I knew she needed some work before I bought her, but??????

Went sailing last week and it took 20 minutes to put up the main and Genoa as the main halyard is at cockpit with a line lock before the winch. The Halyard would run at the base of the winch as the line lock keeps it down too low.

I want to bring all the lines and controls to the cockpit and was hoping that you could help by sending me photos and description of your boats rigging.

Also looking for ideas and various help...such as...How does one turn in reverse!!!!! Rudder is almost useless backing up!!!!

So could you please send pics and ifno on your boats to adrianjohnm@hotmail.com so I can get some ideas on what to do?

Thanks. I will send a virtual beer to everyone who can help
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook